THE CANADIAN TIRE GAS+ “SPIN 2 WIN” CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Canadian Tire Gas+ Spin 2 Win Contest (the “Contest”) is intended to be conducted in Canada, in the province of Ontario and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian Law. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC” or the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, Station K M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed by or associated with Twitter Inc., or Facebook Inc Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Twitter Inc., Facebook Inc., or Instagram LLC.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada, residing in Ontario and
(b) have reached the age of majority in Ontario at the time of entry
Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Monday, May 1, 2017 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, June 5, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means. There are three (3) ways to enter the Contest, as follows: 1) Entering via your Facebook account, 2) Entering via your Twitter account and 3) Entering via your email address.
(b) Minimum Browser Requirements:
(i) Desktop: Internet Explorer 9+, Google Chrome 40+, Firefox 32+, Safari 6+
(ii) Tablet: iOS 7+ - Safari. Android Galaxy Tab - Android 4.4x+, 4.3x+ Chrome Browser
(iii) Mobile: iOS 7+ - Safari. Android 4.4x+, 4.3x+ Chrome Browser.
(c) To enter, visit CTspin2win.ca (the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to create an account (the “ Main Entry Method”), by (i) entering your full name, email address and telephone number in the spaces provided; and (ii) confirming that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions set out in these Rules (iii) by successfully answering a skill-testing question to verify your eligibility for a potential instant win prize. Please note that you will receive 1 (one) Contest entry for the act of creating an account (the “Account”). To be eligible, all Entries must be submitted and received within the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
(d) You will have the opportunity to earn bonus entries. Bonus entries accumulated using the Facebook Bonus Entry Method, the Twitter Bonus Entry Method, the Video Bonus Entry Method, the OLG Lottery Ticket Number Bonus Entry Method are collectively “Bonus Entries” and each a “Bonus Entry.” To be eligible, all Bonus Entries must be submitted and received within the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
(e) After setting up an account with the Main Entry Method, entrants can earn bonus entries as follows;
1. Invite Friends to Enter via Facebook: Click on the “Share” button after entering the Contest using the Main Entry Method and follow the instructions to invite your friend(s) or family members (defined below) to enter the Contest (“Facebook Entry Method”). NO bonus entries will be awarded for just the act of “Sharing” the link on your Facebook page. You will earn fifty (50) Bonus Entries for each friend or family member who clicks on your shared link and successfully enters the contest in accordance with Main Entry Method identified above and in accordance with these Rules, including, without limitation, satisfying the eligibility and residency requirements. There is a limit of two hundred and fifty (50) Bonus Entries per person, for each friend who subsequently enters the Contest in accordance with these Rules. You cannot invite the same friend more than once during the Contest Period. You may only invite individuals with whom you have a personal relationship, based on voluntary two way communications, and shared interests, opinions, and experiences, or family members with whom you have had voluntary two way communications and to whom you are related by marriage, common-law partnership, or legal parent/child relationship (each a “friend”) and whom you have received permission to submit their information to the Sponsor for the present purpose and by whom an email from you or the Sponsor would not be considered spam or otherwise offensive. The Sponsor will not retain the email addresses of third parties submitted through the Facebook Entry Method, unless the parties invited to participate in the Contest enter and authorize the Sponsor or its affiliated companies to contact him or her in accordance with these Rules. The email addresses of third parties will only be used to properly regulate the Contest and will not otherwise be stored by the Sponsor.
2. Share the Contest on Twitter: Click on the Twitter "Tweet" button after participating in the Contest using the Main Entry Method and follow the instructions to invite your Twitter followers to enter the Contest (“Twitter Entry Method”). You will receive twenty five (25) Bonus Entries each time you click the Twitter “Tweet” button and successfully share the Contest on Twitter. There is a limit of twenty five (25) Bonus Entries using the Twitter Bonus Entry Method per day for the duration of the contest.
3. Watch our Video: You will earn twenty five (25) Bonus Entries when you watch the featured video during the contest period. There is a limit of twenty five (25) Bonus Entries using the Video Bonus Entry Method for the duration of the contest.
4. Enter Participating Lottery Ticket Numbers: Enter a valid participating lottery ticket number into the field provided to earn three (3) Extra Wheel Spins for each valid ticket number entered. Ticket numbers can only be entered once for the duration of the contest.
(f) By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges, represents and warrants that: (i) the Entry does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise; (ii) the Entry is an original Entry, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Entry or any part thereof and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto and is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iii) the Entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; and (iv) if applicable, any minor shown in the Entry and the submission of the Entry is made with the consent of a parent and/or legal guardian of any minor.
(g) By submitting this Entry you, the entrant, confirm that you have obtained all required consent for use and publication of the Entry for the purpose of this Contest, from all individuals who appear in the Entry being submitted.
(h) You agree that the Sponsor may, at any time, edit, modify or remove the Entry, in whole or in part, and may disqualify an entrant from the Contest if the Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion that the entrant has breached any of the representations and warranties made above, including without limitation on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech.
(i) There is no limit to the number of Entries an entrant can receive, in accordance with these Rules, except in the case of the Facbeook Bonus Entry Method, in which case there is a limit of two hundred and fifty (250) Bonus Entries during the contest period, Twitter Bonus Entry Method, in which case there is a twenty five (25) Bonus Entries per day during the Contest Period, Watch our Video Bonus Entry Method, in which case there is a limit of twenty five (25) Bonus Entries during the contest period.
(j) If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain an Entry (regardless of the method of entry) other than as permitted in accordance with these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
(k) The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
(l) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason . By submitting the Entry, the entrant assigns to the Sponsor all of entrant’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity. For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicateto the public by telecommunication,transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry, the entrant waives of all of its so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry. Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that it shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as many reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant’s rights in the Entry.
(m) Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
(a) The prizes are hereafter referred to as a “Prize” or “Prizes”. The Prize winner is hereafter referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
(b) There are three (3) Grand Prize packages (each a “Prize Package) available to be won by three (3) Prize Winners consisting of;
i. Kitchen Upgrade consisting of:
- Lagostina 5-ply Copper-Clad Cookware Set, 12-pc
- KitchenAid Professional 5™ Plus Series Stand Mixer,
- KitchenAid Long Slot Toaster Empire, 4-Slice,
- KitchenAid Tool and Gadget Set, 17-Pc
- Bake Prep Set, 12-pc
· Prize Package has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,184.95 CDN
ii. Backyard Upgrade consisting of:
- Napoleon Legend RSIB Propane BBQ
- Free Propane for a year
- Napoleon BBQ Tool Set, 3-pc
- CANVAS Bristol Outdoor Fire Table
- CANVAS Greystone Patio Conversation Set
CANVAS Dashley Outdoor Serving Cart
Prize Package has an ARV of $4,194.95.96 CDN
iii. Glamping Set-up consisting of:
- Woods™ Big Cedar Tent, 8-Person
- Coleman Perfect Pressure Air Mattress
- Even Temp 3-Burner Combo Camp Stove
- Mobicool 3 Power Cooler/Warmer, 47.5-qt
- 2 Woods™ Heritage Sleeping Bag, -15°C
- Woods™ Camp Table Set
- Prize package has an ARV of $1,499.93 CDN
(c) There are seven thousand seven hundred and fifty (7750) Secondary Prizes available to be won by seven thousand seven hundred and fifty (7750) Prize Winners consisting of;
i. Two Hundred and Fifty (250) OLG $10.00 Lottery Gift Cards
ii. Two Thousand Five Hundred (2500) 3₵ off per litre of fuel coupons
iii. Two Thousand Five Hundred (2500) $5.00 Ultimate car wash coupons
iv. Two Thousand Five Hundred (2500) $2 off propane fill or tank exchange coupons
(d) Grand Prize and Secondary Prize Winners will be randomly selected from the number of eligible entries.
(e) Each entrant is only eligible to receive one (1) grand prize
(f) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(g) Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(h) The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
(i) Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On Monday, June 12 2017 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 12:00PM EST, three (3) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw by an employee of the Sponsor from among all eligible for the Prize Packages. Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
(b) The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
(c) Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant have (i) correctly answered, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question , and shall be required to (i) comply with the Contest Rules, and (ii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
(d) The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant (using the information provided on the entry form) within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
(e) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
Instant Prize – OLG $10 Lottery Gift Card:
(f) Instant prizes will be awarded at random throughout the duration of the contest.
(g) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will receive an email with a link to an online form. The entrant must complete and submit the online form with their contact information before the prize will be delivered. The prize will be delivered via mail to the address entered on the form.
Instant Prize – Coupons
(h) Instant prizes will be awarded at random throughout the duration of the contest.
(i) The selected entrant will receive an email to the address specified at the time of sign up with the coupon attached. To redeem the coupon, the entrant must print the coupon and bring it into the store.
7. RELEASE. Each Winner will be required to execute a release (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, and officers, advertising and promotional agencies as well as Twitter Inc., Facebook Inc., and Instagram LLC, (collectively, the “ Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as many reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights in the Entry. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned by the following day that they have been selected by 5 p.m. EST. of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including without limitation personal injury, death, or property damage, arising out of or in connection with in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, including without limitation any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted and made available at grillandwin.ca/ throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating these Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online CTC property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Canadian Tire name, logos and marks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.